Homeschooling Info for the Siloam Springs Area
Classes in Siloam Springs
- Chemistry - Mondays from 9-11. Limited space available. Instructor: Amanda C.*
- Fitness Friday - Cost: Free. Volunteer-led co-op that meets from 11:00-12:00 on the 2nd and 4th Fridays of each month at various places around Siloam Springs. Ages 4 years old through 8th grade may participate. Students start out together for stretching and to learn a character trait; then are broken up by grade level (PK-K; 1-2; 3-4; 5-8). Open to homeschooling families and those who are considering homeschooling. Contact: Christy L.*
- Latin - Wednesdays for an hour between 1-3. For 3rd grade +. Deadline to register: End of July. Instructor: Tina C.*
- Siloam Springs Library Homeschool Class - Thursdays from 11-12. Excellent toddler/preschool class available at the same time. Contact Siloam Springs Library. (479) 524-4236.
- Upward Bound Homeschool Gymnastics Class - Wednesdays 1-2PM and 2-3PM. Contact Upward Bound at (479) 549-3816 for more information. Facebook Page
Classes in Springdale/Fayetteville/Rogers
- Ecclesia Prep Classes - Elm Springs. $60/semester class. Meets Tues. and/or Thurs. afternoons. Website
- Eclectic Teaching Consortium - Rogers. Also see area homeschool groups. Website
- Highschool literature and constitution classes - Fayetteville and Rogers. Meets bi-weekly on Wednesday/Friday mornings. Instructor: Kim B.*
- NWA Center for Student Enrichment - Rogers. Website
- NWACHEA co-op - See area homeschool groups. Website
- Operation Recreation (P.E.). Springdale and Fayetteville. Classes meet Mondays and Wednesdays. Website
- X-factor (P.E.) - FREE. Fayetteville. 10:30-12. Tuesdays. Yvonne Richardson Center. Website
- Walton Arts Center Performances - ALL Homeschooling families can receive $5 Walton Art Center tickets through a local home educator for a $5 flat fee. Ordering deadline: August 2, 2014. Please email us (before Aug. 2) for details and information. List of Performances
Area Homeschool Groups and Local Support
- Christian Home Educators of Siloam Springs (CHESS). Cost: $25/year. Parent-led activities, message board, education fair, lego club, mom's night out, holiday parties, end-of-year party, prom, Kindergarten and high school graduations; also has agreement with Cookson Hills that members may play on their teams for a fee. Website
- Eclectic Teaching Consortium - Rogers. Classes meet on Wednesdays throughout schoolyear, and they go on a quarterly basis. More Information
- NorthWest Arkansas Christian Home Educator's Association (NWACHEA). Cost: $20/year. All members may participate in spelling bee and education/science fair, and non-members are typically invited to participate in these for a $5 fee. Website
- Rogers branch: Has a bi-monthly co-op that meets every other Thursday. Website
- Fayetteville/Springdale branch: This group does multiple family field trips and outings, holiday parties (Christmas, V'Day, etc.), service projects, mom's night out, etc. They try to plan activities where the children can get together at least twice a month.
- Stoa - Siloam Springs. Cost: $40/year. Stoa is a national High School and Junior High Speech and Debate organization serving the needs of privately educated, Christian homeschooling families. Stoa exists to train Christian homeschooled youth in speech and debate to better communicate a Biblical world view. Stoa offers a National Invitational Tournament of Champions, inviting students from across the United States to perform, speak and debate. There will be a parent's informational meeting on Wed, August 12, 2014, at 9:00AM at Siloam Springs Bible Church. During the schoolyear, participants working on speech will meet every other Tuesday (3:30-5:00), and those in debate will meet Thursdays (3:30-5:00). Local Contact: Trish Y.* Website
- Homeschool Workshops - Free. Given regularly by seasoned home educators on various topics regarding homeschooling. Contacts: Marni H. and Shelley K.*
Online Local Homeschool Support and Info
- NWACHEA has a very active yahoo message board open to all homeschoolers in the area. Website
- CHESS has a message board for members only.
- NWACHEA has separate message boards for members of the Rogers group and the Fayetteville group.
Mom Activities with Homeschool Classes Available
- Mothering Matters - Mom's support group. Meets every first and third Friday of the month. Website
- Community-wide Women's Bible Study at First Baptist Church. Meets every Thursday from 9-11AM. Contact: HeartLife@FBCSiloam.com
*Several classes are organized by individual instructors. If you email us with the specific information that you want regarding those classes, we will forward it to the instructors.